Skip to main content

My New Orleans Trip-The French Quarter Aftermath



WooooooHooooo! It took a few days but I was finally able to post pics from my latest trip...blame it on the HAND GRENADES. New Orleans was a cool place to visit and the people, AH, the people are so country and nice. I really enjoyed listening to the way the locals talked ya'll. Lol. We got here on a Wednesday but it felt like a Friday due to the crowd. If you make the decision to go during a festival get ready to get down with the get down. Anyway, check out my trip and laugh out loud at what a Florida Gal thought of Louisiana. 

Florida visits Louisiana!
Of course we stopped by the Federal Reserve building. We LOVE Money! The security guard was like "Ya'll come on In"

Chicken wings and Alligator......Baby the food was delicious. MULATE's is where we ate at. 


Po'Boy this, Po' Boy that. He had to get him one. This was a steak burger that he couldn't finish. 

I wasn't leaving New Orleans without some Red Beans and Rice. A small cup was $7.99! 

We stayed at the Hotel Modern! Pretty cool painting right! Everything was Modern, the staff was friendly, rooms were small, but who cares, you don't stay in them long! Everclear Anyone?


I was dying to visit the Superdome. During Hurricane Katrina I was shocked at some of the things that occurred in this building. Many homeless are still there. Honestly, it reminded me of most downtown areas I have visited in the U.S. 


Scrap house from Katrina Aftermath.

CRAWFISH, non-stop, CRAWFISH...don't buy from the first vendor you see unless you hungry. I found a fantastic price and it wasn't on Bourbon street. 

Just Me!


One way streets, Street Cars, Tour Buses, Trolleys, Get a Map! It's BIG here. 

I loved walking around this old city. We walked our socks off.....and it was raining at times. Be prepared. 


We missed the French Quarter Festival by a few days but the aftermath of it was REAL. 

Welcome to the Hot Sauce Bar!


The ART is just Amazing. 

I'm a Green, Eggs and Ham fan so this was very cool. 

Replicates of Dr. Seuss Work. His work dates back to the 30's!


When we first stepped in the Waldorf Astoria as if we had a room key. 


I saw this and was like WAYMENT! Pharmacy and Restaurant in one. LOL, seriously.

For those that are curious- This is the menu inside the Waldorf Astoria!

Only in New Orleans. 

Breakfast Anyone? Today's Special


Not sure where you live at but where I'm from LIQUOR is not sold in the Circle K. LOL (I couldn't believe it) 


Being from Ocala, it’s always funny to see Golden Flake in stores all the way up in Louisiana. (Circle K) 

Hood Sir Lance-A-Lot 

He claimed to have been walking around with the homeless for a cause. Hmmm...nice guy though.

LOL, you see him. He was READY

The Museums were endless and many of them are FREE!...Well they are when you travel through the week. HINT HINT

I need a local to explain debris to me? 9th Ward was hit hard by Katrina so I when I saw the 9th Ward sandwich I didn't know whether to cry or get mad at the debris part. I think it’s a Norlean thang. 


We got caught up in the McDonald mix. They are demanding $15.00 an hour! NOW 

Try this Chicken because I didn't! The lunch line was For real! I was like is this what we do on lunch....Wait for chicken? LOL


Molly Marine and this is my picture! HOORAY
(My dad was a Marine, so I say GO MOLLY)

I saw some of the happiest homeless people in New Orleans. I guess that's what happens when you can walk the street all day and make more money than the average customer service worker. Go Figure! May I have a dolla?

I cracked up! No, this is not a dead dog, he is acting, LOL, for tips. 

Many people thought this guy was a statue but of course I was way more curious then they were so I stopped and stared at him and caught him moving, LOL. We tipped him and took a few pics of his Stand Still talent. 


I wanted to go up the stairs of every establishment I saw like this. A lot of restaurants give you the option to sit upstairs and eat which really adds on to the New Orleans experience. You can just imagine how many folks hang off these roof tops during the festivals. 

The Art located within the street of New Orleans had me thinking about opening up a studio. It was Cool to see the effort Artist put in towards they're work, even with a drunk man sitting to their right and a Jazz band playing to their left.


Sooo, as we were in walking through Bourbon street we also ran into a Farmers Market and of course the Crawfish was like "Here I go" and there I went. It was delicious. My husband cracked them open while I sucked out the meat....Yessss, the locals taught me how to do it! 

When the turn up been UP since 1969! I love how you walk through the streets then all of a sudden the beat drops and folks are like Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh, 2 Step!



PEACE, I’ll be back.




Where Will I Go Next? 


TIPS:
We all know booking a trip during the week saves money!
Bring comfortable shoes, either you will be walking a lot or getting on and off buses and trolleys. Be cute and comfortable. 
Ask the locals where you should eat at! The prices get high for all that Good food. Day 1 we spent $100.00 on 1 meal. Be choosy!
A lot of hotels in New Orleans make you give them a deposit on top of what you paid for the room just in case you get too crazy. They'll give it back to you once they check your room though before check out. $50.00 a night please....O this is extra mam.
If you wanna be involved in a lot be sure to book your room no more then 15 minutes from the area you want to be in. Some trolleys are $3.00 for the whole day. Can't beat that!
LOOK both ways before crossing the streets in New Orleans. The street signs are going all but the right way for a lot of roads. Stay out your phone, keep ya head up and be careful. 
Scary things happen on Bourbon street at night! Don't be alone.....
Bring some Money for the homeless. We were out of about $20.00 just through tips for the homeless.
Bring some more money for all of the weird people and acts that you will see; Everyone wants a tip. 
Take my suggestions!



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Brunch Anyone?

So, I'm at work today and get an invite for a Sunday Brunch!! I LIT up.What a great idea, Sunday Brunch! Most weekend vacations end on Sunday and to some it can be a drag day consisting of finding, packing, double checking and more packing. With that let’s   RE-ARRANGE   how we handle   Sundays   down south! I did some researching and found some really good hot spots to check out after check out! LIVE ENTERTAINMENT–SUNDAY BRUNCH- Aruba Beach Cafe Sunday morning breakfast buffet brunch overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. 1 Commercial Blvd. Lauderdale by the Sea. (954) 776-0001 http://arubabeachcafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/menu41.jpg Blue Moon Fish Company on the intracoastal waterway in Lauderdale By The Sea. Sunday Brunch from 11:30am. On the intracoastal waterway at Commercial Blvd. 954-267-9888 http://www.bluemoonfishco.com/menus/brunch.pdf H2O Cafe/Java Shop. A new age Java Shop with all your “wake me-up” needs. Join Java for an early light breakfast. G

Donations Anyone?

When is the last time you donated? What a perfect time of the year to think about others!!! Like many of you I’m always in the stores trying to find a good deal…sometimes its needed, others times we just buy it because it was on sale. Meantime our closet seems like its shrinking because were drowning it with things we really don’t wear or need! Let’s have a change of heart going into the New Year….Lets’ change a Life! Now many of you all may be like “No one wants this junk”....WRONG! If it isn't  damaged in any way you can donate it to someone or may be an organization that will SUCCESSFULLY give it to those in need. The chart below lists some very good information that we all should know BEFORE donating to these organizations…….Choose wisely! THINK BEFORE YOU DONATE SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE YOU MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS: As you open your pockets to do a good thing and make yourself feel good, please keep the following facts in mind:   ------

Black History Month for ALL to Enjoy

So as we head towards the end of Black History Month, I decided to provide some insight on those we may not have learned about in school. LESSON! I randomly selected the Super Stars below to help me Show Off this week. Some of us put so many barriers up in Life that prevents us from accomplishing our goals. I'm Sleepy, I just got off work, and I'm tired are just few of the familiar phrases we often hear and say. I'm almost positive that those before us would laugh at the excuses we make so we can just chill. The Good news is that it's never too late for a Fresh New start. I hope the people below will inspire you to see that anything is possible with consistency, dedication and motivation. *Copy and Paste the Links below to your browser for more info  Ballerina    Michaela DePrince From:  A Remote orphanage in Sierra Leone “Who would want to adopt a girl who looks like you?” The orphanage staff would tell her. http://blackgirllonghair.com/2015/08/michaela