Skip to main content

My Time Capsule


  
  Living the good life can mean different things to different people. My life is basic and I enjoy the simple things that make me smile. Being happy is striving towards my personal goals and appreciating the people that I love the most. I began my days with a thankful prayer to God for waking me up and starting me on a new day. I have things that I enjoy doing to optimize my everyday experiences such as reading, writing and listening to music. These are all habits of mine that I enjoy using and doing to optimize my life experiences. I live by core values of being ethical, open minded and respectful of everyone I meet. I believe everyone should get the most out of life by devoting their self to someone or something that gives them meaning and purpose.
     Most people lives are made up of moments that they never want to forget. Some people spend their time searching for people, love and companionship while others, focus on the material things in life.  My day to day walk through life is surrounded around music that I play on an iPod. This device allows me to take my mind off the troubles of the world and it makes me an overall happy person. Certain songs that I wake up to in the morning, sets my mood so that all my worries can drift away. There is no greater moment for me than to be around my family. Having them close to me is satisfying and it really gives my life definition. Now that I’m older, I can see that it was certain habits and customs that I grew up with that carried on with me through my adult life.
 With that being said, I live in America which is the land of the free. Here there is injustice, temptation and fear. There are many customs and etiquettes that try my best to live by in what some would call a cold world. In my household, growing up when it was time for dinner everyone had to be at the table together. This was considered family time. There are different types of greetings that we have in America, that begin  with handshakes or making eye contact to let the other person know that you’re listening to them. All of these things are etiquettes we have in the United States that help mold our society. Traditionally, individuals are all apart of different communities where certain people interact with each other daily. Most times these people are in the same geographic area and they share common interest.
     Similarly, in the present time, the 21st century is made up of numerous living conditions that vary in each area. Technology has also allowed many ways of communication within people of different regions and geographic areas.  People are now able to communicate with people of different personalities, beliefs, and religions. I live in the state of Florida in a city called  Fort Lauderdale. Most people refer to this location as the melting pot because of the many different races, cultures and religions in one city. Here I work as an admission advisor at an online University. I enroll students in school that are not able to drive back and forth to a ground campus. There I have a lot of interaction from students all over the nation. Unlike many others, I have the capability to speak with people from all over the world on a day to day basis. Because of my work setting, I have to dress business causal which is normally a skirt that comes to my knees with a blouse of a certain color. This is considered dressing professionally in the workplace. On most Fridays, I dress down which is appropriate for most companies because Fridays is the day of the week where people are most relaxed. I have been working in the educational field for since 2006 but, I have dreams to be a news anchor.
     My dreams for the future began when I was a little girl. I use to watch TV and enjoy getting the news from people who were knowledgeable about events that happened all over the world. These people were fascinating to me because they were professionals who kept people informed about what was going in their surroundings, which is most important. Having dreams allows you to think beyond your imagination. Knowing that I wanted to be a news anchor set me on a road of success that started with an education.  Having an education in this world allows you to gain appropriate skills that are need to be successful in your chosen career.
    Furthermore, there are many moral; systems that we are faced with each day. Some try to determine what is right and what is wrong on their own, others look to a higher power such as a religious leader or philosopher. Moral systems are determined by the moral decisions that we make. Some believe we are taught the difference between the 2 from birth, others believe it is with us from birth (Janaro, Altshuler, 2009). Being able to make a moral decision begins with certain standards that one is taught. I believe that having morals is about deciding on the best way to handle a situation at all cost. An example would be working for a company and seeing another employee steal from the organization. Some people can make the choice to turn the employee in to upper management for stealing; others may think that it doesn’t concern them so why should they bother. My upbringings taught me to treat others with love and live wisely so that I’m able to make ethical decisions in life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Brunch Anyone?

So, I'm at work today and get an invite for a Sunday Brunch!! I LIT up.What a great idea, Sunday Brunch! Most weekend vacations end on Sunday and to some it can be a drag day consisting of finding, packing, double checking and more packing. With that let’s   RE-ARRANGE   how we handle   Sundays   down south! I did some researching and found some really good hot spots to check out after check out! LIVE ENTERTAINMENT–SUNDAY BRUNCH- Aruba Beach Cafe Sunday morning breakfast buffet brunch overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. 1 Commercial Blvd. Lauderdale by the Sea. (954) 776-0001 http://arubabeachcafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/menu41.jpg Blue Moon Fish Company on the intracoastal waterway in Lauderdale By The Sea. Sunday Brunch from 11:30am. On the intracoastal waterway at Commercial Blvd. 954-267-9888 http://www.bluemoonfishco.com/menus/brunch.pdf H2O Cafe/Java Shop. A new age Java Shop with all your “wake me-up” needs. Join Java for an early light breakfast. G

Donations Anyone?

When is the last time you donated? What a perfect time of the year to think about others!!! Like many of you I’m always in the stores trying to find a good deal…sometimes its needed, others times we just buy it because it was on sale. Meantime our closet seems like its shrinking because were drowning it with things we really don’t wear or need! Let’s have a change of heart going into the New Year….Lets’ change a Life! Now many of you all may be like “No one wants this junk”....WRONG! If it isn't  damaged in any way you can donate it to someone or may be an organization that will SUCCESSFULLY give it to those in need. The chart below lists some very good information that we all should know BEFORE donating to these organizations…….Choose wisely! THINK BEFORE YOU DONATE SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE YOU MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS: As you open your pockets to do a good thing and make yourself feel good, please keep the following facts in mind:   ------

Black History Month for ALL to Enjoy

So as we head towards the end of Black History Month, I decided to provide some insight on those we may not have learned about in school. LESSON! I randomly selected the Super Stars below to help me Show Off this week. Some of us put so many barriers up in Life that prevents us from accomplishing our goals. I'm Sleepy, I just got off work, and I'm tired are just few of the familiar phrases we often hear and say. I'm almost positive that those before us would laugh at the excuses we make so we can just chill. The Good news is that it's never too late for a Fresh New start. I hope the people below will inspire you to see that anything is possible with consistency, dedication and motivation. *Copy and Paste the Links below to your browser for more info  Ballerina    Michaela DePrince From:  A Remote orphanage in Sierra Leone “Who would want to adopt a girl who looks like you?” The orphanage staff would tell her. http://blackgirllonghair.com/2015/08/michaela