Skip to main content

Custom Made:Interview with Jasmin McNeil


Rising to the Top


Hard work definitely pays off......I had the pleasure of interviewing Jasmin McNeil, Mrs. San Antonio United America who is rising to the top with her trendy and artsy shoe styles. When you think she has completed one task shes on to another!


Lala: What do you think are the current and future trends in fashion?
     
Jasmin: The current "on trend" color styles, so to speak are.... Neon, color block heels, stripes & silver!!! As far as styles- one of my FAVORITES that are not only on trend but are oh soooo comfortable & always fabulous, WEDGES!!! Mary Janes- these are also classics, mules & Cowboy boots... well... at least they are here in Texas. ;-)

As far as what the future holds... I guess we'll have to wait and see!! I DO feel that shoes are becoming more creative, however & that is VERY exciting. I see that with the perspex (see through) shoes that are popping up, toe caps & designer Marc Jacobs recently had some hightops on his runway!



Lala:  Where would you like your career in designing to lead you?

Jasmin: Man... this is a GOOD question!! I honestly didn't know it would lead me where it has. God is FULL of surprises!! ;-) And maybe it will lead me to being a "designer." : ) I consider myself as an "artist," right now. I think that title fits me best!! The things I've done since I've REALLY applied myself are amazing. If someone would have come to me this time last year & listed all of the things that I was going to do this year- not only would I NOT believe them, but I would have tried to have them "admitted," if you know what I mean... LOL!!!!!

Hopefully, it will lead me towards more opportunity to use my shoe art to help others.


Lala: What one piece of advice would you give to someone wanting to start a career in fashion? 

Jasmin: I will have to "borrow" Nike's quote & say... Just do it! : ) Focus on what you're good at, even if it is just "part time." Over time, you'll get better. I also think one should dabble in a little bit of everything. I have been surprised at how much my other hobby... jewelry design, has aided me in coming up with ideas for shoes!! 

Lala: Where do you get your design inspiration?

Jasmin: EVERYWHERE. Literally. I will be watching a cartoon, my son is 2 1/2, LOL, and I may like a color combination of one of the characters... An animal on national geographic may spark something. It doesn't take much for me to be inspired. When it comes to my shoe art, I'll try anything at LEAST once. 


Lala:  How did you go about making this career choice? What was personally important and appealing to you about this career?

Jasmin: In a way, I sort of "fell" into it. I'm anxious to see where this will take me! And as far as what is personally important... I'd say, I found ME when I started this. I have finally found that THING that makes me "tick." Something that makes me smile... Something that doesn't feel like work & I'm enjoying every SECOND of it. 


Do not discard any of your shoes, send them to her and let the trend continue with a high-octane dose of abstract colors, movie motivated styles and a host of other vibrant trendy fashions. 
YOU will not be Disappointed as you can see!

For Orders and Information email: Strollingcanvases@gmail.com
Comments More than Welcomed!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Brunch Anyone?

So, I'm at work today and get an invite for a Sunday Brunch!! I LIT up.What a great idea, Sunday Brunch! Most weekend vacations end on Sunday and to some it can be a drag day consisting of finding, packing, double checking and more packing. With that let’s   RE-ARRANGE   how we handle   Sundays   down south! I did some researching and found some really good hot spots to check out after check out! LIVE ENTERTAINMENT–SUNDAY BRUNCH- Aruba Beach Cafe Sunday morning breakfast buffet brunch overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. 1 Commercial Blvd. Lauderdale by the Sea. (954) 776-0001 http://arubabeachcafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/menu41.jpg Blue Moon Fish Company on the intracoastal waterway in Lauderdale By The Sea. Sunday Brunch from 11:30am. On the intracoastal waterway at Commercial Blvd. 954-267-9888 http://www.bluemoonfishco.com/menus/brunch.pdf H2O Cafe/Java Shop. A new age Java Shop with all your “wake me-up” needs. Join Java for an early light breakfast. G

Donations Anyone?

When is the last time you donated? What a perfect time of the year to think about others!!! Like many of you I’m always in the stores trying to find a good deal…sometimes its needed, others times we just buy it because it was on sale. Meantime our closet seems like its shrinking because were drowning it with things we really don’t wear or need! Let’s have a change of heart going into the New Year….Lets’ change a Life! Now many of you all may be like “No one wants this junk”....WRONG! If it isn't  damaged in any way you can donate it to someone or may be an organization that will SUCCESSFULLY give it to those in need. The chart below lists some very good information that we all should know BEFORE donating to these organizations…….Choose wisely! THINK BEFORE YOU DONATE SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE YOU MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS: As you open your pockets to do a good thing and make yourself feel good, please keep the following facts in mind:   ------

Black History Month for ALL to Enjoy

So as we head towards the end of Black History Month, I decided to provide some insight on those we may not have learned about in school. LESSON! I randomly selected the Super Stars below to help me Show Off this week. Some of us put so many barriers up in Life that prevents us from accomplishing our goals. I'm Sleepy, I just got off work, and I'm tired are just few of the familiar phrases we often hear and say. I'm almost positive that those before us would laugh at the excuses we make so we can just chill. The Good news is that it's never too late for a Fresh New start. I hope the people below will inspire you to see that anything is possible with consistency, dedication and motivation. *Copy and Paste the Links below to your browser for more info  Ballerina    Michaela DePrince From:  A Remote orphanage in Sierra Leone “Who would want to adopt a girl who looks like you?” The orphanage staff would tell her. http://blackgirllonghair.com/2015/08/michaela