Skip to main content

Being Pregnant......Infection Control.

98 more days to go...



Whoop Whoop! Time is ticking......I am 26 weeks Today!

3 months left to go!
Jay is approx 2 pounds
My stomach is big like a soccer ball and Jay is sitting very low. 
My Nose is spreading.
Sleeping is not that fun because I cant get comfortable.
I can feel him kick at night.
....and the heartburn is serious. 


Yesterday I spent time signing us up for child caring and Infant CPR classes. I'm going to take them through Holy Cross hospital which is the hospital he will be born at. Lucky for us its right up the road so if I need to get there I'll be there in 10 minutes....7 minutes with Javaree driving.

My last appointment my doctor asked that I walk everyday and that I also do some type of yoga class. I was doing good at first...walking 3-4 times a day for 30-45 minutes but now its like "Ummmmm...maybe tomorrow" and I've been like this for 2 weeks due to the heaviness at the bottom of my stomach. This week its been raining a lot so I made an attempt to go to YouTube to do some 2nd trimester exercises and O boy, I wasn't ready. Of course only the fit ladies upload videos of exercises routines when they're pregnant....figures. My first attempt at squats was a killer and I couldn't get low at all......Maybe tomorrow.

In the beginning many people give advice and suggestions which was cool but O my did they leave out some stuff. Pregnancy can be a challenging time for some women. Luckily for me I haven't experienced any morning sickness or feelings of nausea but I have had my share of pregnancy problems! I'll explain since others wont, LOL.

Pregnancy suppresses the body's immune system which means that your body is less able to fight off infection and illnesses, making it more susceptible to colds, flue bacteria and a host of other issues. Let's get personal....

Viral and bacterial infections can develop in anyone, but certain infections are more likely to occur in pregnant women. Pregnancy can also make infections more severe.

Just to name a few:
Yeast Infection
Bacterial vaginosis.
Hemorrhoids
Urinary Tract infection

It's no fun being sick, especially during pregnancy, when you're likely to worry about your developing baby's health as much as your own but the good news is there are home remedies for some infections that work and others you will definitely have to bring up during your appointments If you're embarrassed write it down on a piece of paper and give it to the doctor. Either way you must take care of yourself because some of infections can affect the baby if the problem is not taken care of.

So yea, I wanted to add in this information for those who are considering pregnancy and may not be aware that everyday may not be peachy. My advice is to have a best friend, a husband and a supportive mom and sister that you can share these things with (like me, lol). Often times, they look at me crazy but I'm a talker and hardly get embarrassed about bringing up things that I am experiencing and besides, when you know you're not the only one that has experienced certain things you find out even more once the conversation is brought up.

I'm off from work now so off to breakfast we go. I hope you enjoy this weeks blog...I will be back. My next appointment  is next Wednesday and I have to drink the "orange stuff to see if I'm a diabetic. Pray for me.

Toodles, Love ya.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Brunch Anyone?

So, I'm at work today and get an invite for a Sunday Brunch!! I LIT up.What a great idea, Sunday Brunch! Most weekend vacations end on Sunday and to some it can be a drag day consisting of finding, packing, double checking and more packing. With that let’s   RE-ARRANGE   how we handle   Sundays   down south! I did some researching and found some really good hot spots to check out after check out! LIVE ENTERTAINMENT–SUNDAY BRUNCH- Aruba Beach Cafe Sunday morning breakfast buffet brunch overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. 1 Commercial Blvd. Lauderdale by the Sea. (954) 776-0001 http://arubabeachcafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/menu41.jpg Blue Moon Fish Company on the intracoastal waterway in Lauderdale By The Sea. Sunday Brunch from 11:30am. On the intracoastal waterway at Commercial Blvd. 954-267-9888 http://www.bluemoonfishco.com/menus/brunch.pdf H2O Cafe/Java Shop. A new age Java Shop with all your “wake me-up” needs. Join Java for an early light breakfast. G

Donations Anyone?

When is the last time you donated? What a perfect time of the year to think about others!!! Like many of you I’m always in the stores trying to find a good deal…sometimes its needed, others times we just buy it because it was on sale. Meantime our closet seems like its shrinking because were drowning it with things we really don’t wear or need! Let’s have a change of heart going into the New Year….Lets’ change a Life! Now many of you all may be like “No one wants this junk”....WRONG! If it isn't  damaged in any way you can donate it to someone or may be an organization that will SUCCESSFULLY give it to those in need. The chart below lists some very good information that we all should know BEFORE donating to these organizations…….Choose wisely! THINK BEFORE YOU DONATE SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE YOU MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS: As you open your pockets to do a good thing and make yourself feel good, please keep the following facts in mind:   ------

Black History Month for ALL to Enjoy

So as we head towards the end of Black History Month, I decided to provide some insight on those we may not have learned about in school. LESSON! I randomly selected the Super Stars below to help me Show Off this week. Some of us put so many barriers up in Life that prevents us from accomplishing our goals. I'm Sleepy, I just got off work, and I'm tired are just few of the familiar phrases we often hear and say. I'm almost positive that those before us would laugh at the excuses we make so we can just chill. The Good news is that it's never too late for a Fresh New start. I hope the people below will inspire you to see that anything is possible with consistency, dedication and motivation. *Copy and Paste the Links below to your browser for more info  Ballerina    Michaela DePrince From:  A Remote orphanage in Sierra Leone “Who would want to adopt a girl who looks like you?” The orphanage staff would tell her. http://blackgirllonghair.com/2015/08/michaela