Skip to main content

Married? Find out how to stay that way





How to Stay Married
I read this from an article where the guy states, “I can’t yet say how to stay married for 50 years, but here are a few things that can help you get to 40!”
  1. Never use the divorce word in arguments; it makes your partner feel like they’re standing on a banana peel. If you have used it in the past, stop and never do it again!
  2. Set aside a few minutes every day, make eye contact and talk about something besides running a household—your day, dreams, disappointments. Tell your spouse “I love you,” and affirm something they do at least once a day.
  3. Touch each other often—there is a transfer that takes place. (Think what happened when the woman touched the hem of Jesus’ robe.)
  4. Spend time together alone. You may both need to drop to your fourth, fifth or even sixth favorite thing to do to find something you both like.
  5. Pray with each other. We pray for the day—it only takes one or two minutes. Meals, too.
  6. Pray for each other.
  7. Be the same person you are at home that you are in public—one life, one way.


Happy Marriage Life,  Lala
Credits to Patrick Morley 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Reading really that important?

We all know that reading is fundamental although many of us really don’t like to do it. Why Not? Reading is one of the best hobbies a person can have. But it’s saddening to know that majority of us aren’t introduced to the fabulous world of books. If you are one of the non-book readers who feels you “don’t need no stinking books”, here are some reasons to start the habit…before you are left behind! 1.     Reading is an active mental process : Unlike sitting in front of the idiot box (TV), reading makes you use your brain. While reading you would be forced to reason out many things which are unfamiliar to you. In this process you would use the grey cells of your brain to think and become smarter. 2.     Reading improves your vocabulary : Remember in elementary school when you learned how to infer the meaning of one word by reading the context of the other words in the sentence? You get the same benefit from book reading. While reading book...

6 Ways to Enjoy Yourself

Learn how to Enjoy YOURSELF Do you have a Disease to Please? Always Busy? Take a day off and make Yourself A Priority.  Disconnect from work “With the internet, laptops, PDA’s, and Blackberries, we are pretty much always connected to our work 24/7. Although it can be great for productivity, it doesn't allow you to take a step back and refuel your energy & creativity. This is why, to really have a good day off” The average person is online so much statistics are starting to write about what we’re NOT doing because we are always online. Crazy right! Put down the mobile devices and try to relax your mind. Take a day out of the week, and go into YOU-MODE….if they love you, they’ll understand. Stay away from routine “On your day off, don’t do the same things that you do every day. For example, don’t wake up at the same time, or have the same breakfast or do the same activities that you would do on a regular day. Your day off needs to be a comp...

Being Pregnant......Infection Control.

98 more days to go... Whoop Whoop! Time is ticking......I am 26 weeks Today! 3 months left to go! Jay is approx 2 pounds My stomach is big like a soccer ball and Jay is sitting very low.  My Nose is spreading. Sleeping is not that fun because I cant get comfortable. I can feel him kick at night. ....and the heartburn is serious.  Yesterday I spent time signing us up for child caring and Infant CPR classes. I'm going to take them through Holy Cross hospital which is the hospital he will be born at. Lucky for us its right up the road so if I need to get there I'll be there in 10 minutes....7 minutes with Javaree driving. My last appointment my doctor asked that I walk everyday and that I also do some type of yoga class. I was doing good at first...walking 3-4 times a day for 30-45 minutes but now its like "Ummmmm...maybe tomorrow" and I've been like this for 2 weeks due to the heaviness at the bottom of my stomach. This week its been raining a l...