Skip to main content

A Life of Service


A life Of Service


The amazing Zig Ziglar once said, “You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.” Live a life of service to others and you will never feel alone, defeated or unsuccessful.


Ahhhhhhh, what a feeling, what an accomplishment, what a fantastic Goal .Do you agree? I certainly do which is why I’m forever going through clothes, shoes, and other not so fun for me anymore gadgets. They say ones trash is another’s treasure and I have found thisto be very true so I have no problem sending my used items off to others who may find pleasure and fashion in them.

Giving out clothes, providing community service hours, or even cleaning may not be your thing however there are soooooo many ways to provide live a life of service, starting with a simple smile.

Have you ever been somewhere and smiled at someone who was not smiling yet they did when they saw yours? ….Or better yet, have you ever made someone laugh and then received the response “I needed that?”...Of course you have.We all need to be uplifted at some point in life even if it’s through a small gesture.

 Providing service can be done numerous ways, chose yours: 

1. Teach
2. Comfort someone in Grief 
3. Smile 
4. Be Friendly
5. Speak (Say Hello)
6. Make a donation 
7. Be kind
8. Charity
9. Buy a meal
10. Lend your ear
11. Yard work (any chore)
12. Show Appreciation
13. Donate food
14. Be patient
15. Give Compliments 


        Living a Life of service is such a pleasure. It can change not only your life but those around you. 

Be Kind whenever possible. It is always Possible. 

Dalai Lama

Enjoy,

Lala

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Ways to Enjoy Yourself

Learn how to Enjoy YOURSELF Do you have a Disease to Please? Always Busy? Take a day off and make Yourself A Priority.  Disconnect from work “With the internet, laptops, PDA’s, and Blackberries, we are pretty much always connected to our work 24/7. Although it can be great for productivity, it doesn't allow you to take a step back and refuel your energy & creativity. This is why, to really have a good day off” The average person is online so much statistics are starting to write about what we’re NOT doing because we are always online. Crazy right! Put down the mobile devices and try to relax your mind. Take a day out of the week, and go into YOU-MODE….if they love you, they’ll understand. Stay away from routine “On your day off, don’t do the same things that you do every day. For example, don’t wake up at the same time, or have the same breakfast or do the same activities that you would do on a regular day. Your day off needs to be a comp...

Is Reading really that important?

We all know that reading is fundamental although many of us really don’t like to do it. Why Not? Reading is one of the best hobbies a person can have. But it’s saddening to know that majority of us aren’t introduced to the fabulous world of books. If you are one of the non-book readers who feels you “don’t need no stinking books”, here are some reasons to start the habit…before you are left behind! 1.     Reading is an active mental process : Unlike sitting in front of the idiot box (TV), reading makes you use your brain. While reading you would be forced to reason out many things which are unfamiliar to you. In this process you would use the grey cells of your brain to think and become smarter. 2.     Reading improves your vocabulary : Remember in elementary school when you learned how to infer the meaning of one word by reading the context of the other words in the sentence? You get the same benefit from book reading. While reading book...

Being Pregnant......Infection Control.

98 more days to go... Whoop Whoop! Time is ticking......I am 26 weeks Today! 3 months left to go! Jay is approx 2 pounds My stomach is big like a soccer ball and Jay is sitting very low.  My Nose is spreading. Sleeping is not that fun because I cant get comfortable. I can feel him kick at night. ....and the heartburn is serious.  Yesterday I spent time signing us up for child caring and Infant CPR classes. I'm going to take them through Holy Cross hospital which is the hospital he will be born at. Lucky for us its right up the road so if I need to get there I'll be there in 10 minutes....7 minutes with Javaree driving. My last appointment my doctor asked that I walk everyday and that I also do some type of yoga class. I was doing good at first...walking 3-4 times a day for 30-45 minutes but now its like "Ummmmm...maybe tomorrow" and I've been like this for 2 weeks due to the heaviness at the bottom of my stomach. This week its been raining a l...