Skip to main content

15 Things to Live By


15 things to live by
Lala’s Top Picks

1. Saying someone is ugly doesn't make you any prettier.
2. The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well.
3. It’s better to be alone than to be in bad company.
4. Never do something permanently foolish just because you are temporarily upset.
5. People are more what they hide than what they show.
6. Sometimes people don’t notice the things others do for them until they stop doing them.
7. Don’t listen to what people say, watch what they do.
8. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie.  Don’t save it for a special occasion; today is special.
9. Love and appreciate your parents.  We are often so busy growing up, we forget they are also growing old.
10. Learn to love yourself first, instead of loving the idea of other people loving you.
11. When someone tells you, “You've changed,” it might simply be because you've stopped living your life their way.
12. No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life.  Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs
13. What you do every day matters more than what you do every once in a while
14. You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one.
15. Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me


Philippians 4:13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Reading really that important?

We all know that reading is fundamental although many of us really don’t like to do it. Why Not? Reading is one of the best hobbies a person can have. But it’s saddening to know that majority of us aren’t introduced to the fabulous world of books. If you are one of the non-book readers who feels you “don’t need no stinking books”, here are some reasons to start the habit…before you are left behind! 1.     Reading is an active mental process : Unlike sitting in front of the idiot box (TV), reading makes you use your brain. While reading you would be forced to reason out many things which are unfamiliar to you. In this process you would use the grey cells of your brain to think and become smarter. 2.     Reading improves your vocabulary : Remember in elementary school when you learned how to infer the meaning of one word by reading the context of the other words in the sentence? You get the same benefit from book reading. While reading book...

Being Pregnant......Infection Control.

98 more days to go... Whoop Whoop! Time is ticking......I am 26 weeks Today! 3 months left to go! Jay is approx 2 pounds My stomach is big like a soccer ball and Jay is sitting very low.  My Nose is spreading. Sleeping is not that fun because I cant get comfortable. I can feel him kick at night. ....and the heartburn is serious.  Yesterday I spent time signing us up for child caring and Infant CPR classes. I'm going to take them through Holy Cross hospital which is the hospital he will be born at. Lucky for us its right up the road so if I need to get there I'll be there in 10 minutes....7 minutes with Javaree driving. My last appointment my doctor asked that I walk everyday and that I also do some type of yoga class. I was doing good at first...walking 3-4 times a day for 30-45 minutes but now its like "Ummmmm...maybe tomorrow" and I've been like this for 2 weeks due to the heaviness at the bottom of my stomach. This week its been raining a l...

Black History Month for ALL to Enjoy

So as we head towards the end of Black History Month, I decided to provide some insight on those we may not have learned about in school. LESSON! I randomly selected the Super Stars below to help me Show Off this week. Some of us put so many barriers up in Life that prevents us from accomplishing our goals. I'm Sleepy, I just got off work, and I'm tired are just few of the familiar phrases we often hear and say. I'm almost positive that those before us would laugh at the excuses we make so we can just chill. The Good news is that it's never too late for a Fresh New start. I hope the people below will inspire you to see that anything is possible with consistency, dedication and motivation. *Copy and Paste the Links below to your browser for more info  Ballerina    Michaela DePrince From:  A Remote orphanage in Sierra Leone “Who would want to adopt a girl who looks like you?” The orphanage staff would tell her. http://blackgirllonghair.com/2015/08/micha...