Skip to main content

Tidy Tuesday....What's on your Hard Drive?



Tidy Tuesday



Frustrated with the with your computer? WHY-It's following your demands. 

How would you feel to receive sporadic downloads attached with unknown strangers, unwanted ads and information that you really didn't need to process? Would you load up up quickly? How fast would you turn your pages? ....You get my point. This is your computers daily load and in order for it to carry such its has to be cleannn.... Below I've provided some very basic steps for you to follow. Truth is technology can be frustrating however there are (free) ways to make your computer work more efficiently.  


Don't download software from just any website
 Make sure that the website is trusted, and even if you do download something--and find it useless--make sure you delete it from your computer.

Using programs to keep your computer clean is not the exact right idea
 It uses a lot of space and also can cause system errors.

You turn on your computer/Open your laptop and there you see it…those tired programs that you never use and most of us don’t know how they got there……Its time to uninstall!

For windows users:
1.      Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2.      Select a program, and then click Uninstall. Some programs include the option to change or repair the program in addition to uninstalling it. but many simply offer the option to uninstall. To change a program, click Change or Repair. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3.      If you are unsure about whether or not to delete a program….GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND,

Take out the trash.
Emptying the Recycle Bin—especially if you haven’t done it in a while—can free up hard drive space on your PC that could be better used for files and programs that you use and need (as opposed to those you've discarded).

1.      Open the Recycle Bin by double-clicking the Recycle Bin on the desktop.
2.      Do one of the following:
·         To delete one file, click it, and then press DELETE.
·         To delete all of the files, on the toolbar, click Empty the Recycle Bin.


Safari
Pull down “Safari” menu and click “Preferences” then choose the “Privacy” tab
Click the “Remove All Website Data” button alongside “Cookies and other website data” and confirm at the popup to delete all cookies

Internet Explorer
Select Tools > Internet Options.
Click on the General tab and then the Delete... button.
Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies then click Delete.

FireFox
To delete cookies for one site:
1.      At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu and then select Options
2.      Select the Privacy panel.
3.      Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
Click Show Cookies.... The Cookies window will appear.
1.      In the Search: field, type the name of the site whose cookies you want to remove. The cookies that match your search will be displayed.
2.      Select the cookies in the list to remove and click Remove Cookie.
  1. Click Close to close the Cookies window.

Tonight’s Tip:
Windows: Hold down the CTRL key then click:
·         C to copy
·         X to cut
·         V to paste

If you have any additional questions email me at showoff82@gmail.com.....Stay Clean my friends.

Comments

Post a Comment

I look forward to your replies, Thanks again!

Popular posts from this blog

Is Reading really that important?

We all know that reading is fundamental although many of us really don’t like to do it. Why Not? Reading is one of the best hobbies a person can have. But it’s saddening to know that majority of us aren’t introduced to the fabulous world of books. If you are one of the non-book readers who feels you “don’t need no stinking books”, here are some reasons to start the habit…before you are left behind! 1.     Reading is an active mental process : Unlike sitting in front of the idiot box (TV), reading makes you use your brain. While reading you would be forced to reason out many things which are unfamiliar to you. In this process you would use the grey cells of your brain to think and become smarter. 2.     Reading improves your vocabulary : Remember in elementary school when you learned how to infer the meaning of one word by reading the context of the other words in the sentence? You get the same benefit from book reading. While reading book...

Black History Month for ALL to Enjoy

So as we head towards the end of Black History Month, I decided to provide some insight on those we may not have learned about in school. LESSON! I randomly selected the Super Stars below to help me Show Off this week. Some of us put so many barriers up in Life that prevents us from accomplishing our goals. I'm Sleepy, I just got off work, and I'm tired are just few of the familiar phrases we often hear and say. I'm almost positive that those before us would laugh at the excuses we make so we can just chill. The Good news is that it's never too late for a Fresh New start. I hope the people below will inspire you to see that anything is possible with consistency, dedication and motivation. *Copy and Paste the Links below to your browser for more info  Ballerina    Michaela DePrince From:  A Remote orphanage in Sierra Leone “Who would want to adopt a girl who looks like you?” The orphanage staff would tell her. http://blackgirllonghair.com/2015/08/micha...

Being Pregnant......Infection Control.

98 more days to go... Whoop Whoop! Time is ticking......I am 26 weeks Today! 3 months left to go! Jay is approx 2 pounds My stomach is big like a soccer ball and Jay is sitting very low.  My Nose is spreading. Sleeping is not that fun because I cant get comfortable. I can feel him kick at night. ....and the heartburn is serious.  Yesterday I spent time signing us up for child caring and Infant CPR classes. I'm going to take them through Holy Cross hospital which is the hospital he will be born at. Lucky for us its right up the road so if I need to get there I'll be there in 10 minutes....7 minutes with Javaree driving. My last appointment my doctor asked that I walk everyday and that I also do some type of yoga class. I was doing good at first...walking 3-4 times a day for 30-45 minutes but now its like "Ummmmm...maybe tomorrow" and I've been like this for 2 weeks due to the heaviness at the bottom of my stomach. This week its been raining a l...